Yorkshire’s universities work together by using their collective expertise, resources, skills and influence to maximise their impact in the region.
The Yorkshire Universities’ strategy identifies three key aims for Yorkshire’s universities working together, these are:
- Promoting the sector as a valued strategic partner and the wider benefits of higher education.
- Raising the profile of Yorkshire overseas as a destination and in attracting inward investment.
- Enabling high-level advocacy and influencing.
To realise these aims, three strategic areas of focus shape and prioritise collaboration:
- Promoting higher education.
- Extracting value for and from the sector.
- Strengthening graduate employability, workforce development and widening engagement.